2017 Thailand Tour
- Private, customized tour for six to eight people.
- Bangkok – Chiang Mai – Khao Sok – Ao Nang
- Temples – Rivers – Markets – Food – Elephants – Jungles - Beaches
- Flexible schedule to take advantage of new discoveries.
- Plenty of free time to explore on your own.
- 14 days / 13 nights, December 21, 2017 to January 4, 2018
- Land cost: $2,795 per person (dbl occupancy, single supplements available)
- A $250 deposit reserves your space – reservations taken on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Trip at a Glance:
Days 1 – 3. Arrive Bangkok. Explore the legendary Khao San road area, see the famous Grand Palace and Wat Pho. Spend an evening sampling tasty street food in Chinatown. Enjoy a fabulous dinner cruise down the mighty Chao Praya River. Take relaxing massages and visit my favorite tailor to get your custom clothes made.
Days 4 – 6. Chiang Mai. Take a short flight north to Chiang Mai. We’ll visit the incredible mountain monastery Doi Sutep, with it’s famous 300-step Naga Serpent stairs. On Christmas Day, we’re all off to spend a day at the elephant rehab camp. We’ll learn about them, swim with them, take a mud bath and then bathe them. We’ll also cruise the Mae Ping River and visit incredible teakwood and celadon factories (and yes, they can ship furniture). And, the amazing night market is just a few steps from our hotel!
Day 7. Bangkok. Fly back to Bangkok and enjoy a free day to relax with a massage, shop, explore the area. Don’t forget to visit the tailor for your second fitting!
Days 8 – 9. Khao Sok. We’ll take another short flight down south to Surat Thani. Then we take a private mini van to the jungle lodge at Khao Sok. The next day, we’ll visit stunning Rajjaprapa Lake to see the islands set amongst limestone karst hills. An incredible jungle experience!
Days 10 – 13. Ao Nang Beach, Krabi. We take a private mini van further south to the province of Krabi and the beach at Ao Nang, where we stay for the remainder of the trip. We will celebrate New Year’s Eve at the beach here. These will be free days, but there are lots of day trips that we can do together or people can split up and do their own activities.
Day 14. Transfer by air back to Bangkok and USA. Or, consider joining us for a 4-day excursion to Cambodia and Angkor Wat!